Investment Analyst Real Estate - Transaction Services ACA
- up to £60,000 + 20-40% targeted bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 19 Oct 18
The private equity direct investments arm of a multinational financial services firm is seeking an Investment Analyst to join their London office. The ideal candidate would be in transaction services at the senior associate/assistant manager level in a top 20 audit firm. Sector preference is real estate/private equity/financial services.
The purpose of this role is to act as an investment analyst within the Direct Investments
with a focus on Urban Regeneration.
- One of the key purposes of the team is to deliver the Direct Investments strategy for the group. The business manages over £5bn capital from the balance sheet and is delivering the group strategy of moving and diversifying a significant proportion of this into illiquid direct investments in search of better risk adjusted returns.
- The role holder will be primarily responsible for maximising the value of the urban regeneration investments, working alongside investment, asset and development managers to drive the performance of the assets.
- The role holder will also be expected to get involved with aspects of deal evaluation, including initial investment appraisals and in depth financial analysis to underwrite investment opportunities as part of recommendations and internal reporting processes.
- Regular financial analysis of existing assets in the portfolio will also be required.
- Active management of UK regeneration projects
- Disciplined financial analysis and performance monitoring at the asset and sector level, reporting findings to project leads
- Contribute to the formation/implementation of the Direct Investments strategy
- Assist with preparation and presentation of investment reports both for dissemination internally within the team and more broadly to/for group-wide investment committees
- Relevant work experience, preferably in commercial real estate
- Excellent quantitative skills, including familiarity with DCF modelling, to manage and interrogate cashflows and to develop recommendations for a variety of senior audience
- Strong written and verbal communication, familiarity with report writing for a variety of audiences
- Ability to assess and analyse investment opportunities from first principles
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurially minded
- Strategic thinker – ability to think long term and understand the impact of external events on the determination and implementation of investment strategy
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic, self-starter
If you wish to apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com