The successful candidate will join Castlelake (UK) LLP's global investment team based out of their London office as an Associate. They will be responsible for liaising with both internal and external stakeholders at a range of seniority and working collaboratively across the international network of Castlelake offices. Their responsibilities will include supporting the investment team in conducting due diligence, executing and managing investments. The successful candidate will also demonstrate continued agility and flexibility by working throughout Castlelake’s diverse industry verticals in a cross-industry staffing model.
- Demonstrate ability in developing and managing complex financial models, including discounted cash flow analyses and corporate financial modelling.
- Confidently perform detailed and comprehensive company and industry research whilst tracking current market activity.
- Prepare presentations and various other materials for use in internal discussions.
- Execute transactions in close coordination with investment professional deal teams.
- Participate in meetings with companies’ management and due diligence sessions.
- Interact directly with financial advisors and lawyers who will assist the team in analysing investments.
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with external professionals in the field.
- Co-author detailed investment memoranda to be presented to the Investment Committee.
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners of investment structure.
- Handle and diligently complete ad-hoc projects when required.
- Master’s degree and undergraduate degree required, preferably in finance, economics or related field (degrees in a quantitative discipline will also be considered).
- Experience in direct investing (distressed, private equity, hedge fund or related field) and at least 3 years’ experience in a bulge-bracket sell-side position.
- Ideally, international work experience in multiple jurisdictions as well as global transaction experience.
- Full written and verbal proficiency in English, as well as three other European languages (preferably including Italian and German)
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed; Self-starter.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills including complex financial modelling in Microsoft Excel, Intex, or equivalent.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work well under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines, manage multiple high-priority projects, and transition smoothly as projects stop or start.
- Able to operate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Able to build rapport between organisations, people and cultures.
- Team player, adaptable; willing to perform tasks necessary to achieve common goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; Bloomberg Terminal, MATLAB and/or FactSet
- Successful completion of at least CFA Level II exam.
FOR ALL CASTLELAKE EMPLOYEES
- High Integrity - We adhere to honest, ethical principles and demonstrate unwavering moral character. We respect others, do what we say we’ll do and recognize that we’re not perfect. There is no room for arrogance here. We can always improve.
- Investor Focused - We have a deep sense of duty to those around us and are grounded by the knowledge that our actions have real impact on others. We never lose sight of our fiduciary status – one built by good faith and trust, and one that binds us to act in our client’s best interests.
- Innovative - We are opportunistic; entrepreneurs and pioneers, always discovering and exploring. We pride ourselves on being different and strive to be the best at it. We welcome change and understand that constant evolution is crucial.
- Thoughtful - We are thoughtful and deliberate risk takers. Diligence is demanded in everything we do. We’re nimble, not hasty. We may take the road less travelled, but we travel with a map and ask for directions.
Location - London, UK
Salary - Competitive
Application opening date: 11/03/2020
Application closing date: 08/04/2020