The firm aims to foster sustainable growth by promoting its portfolio companies in Europe and Asia. The fund has approx US$1.0 billion in equity commitments. Among their investors are the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, and financial institutions with long-term investment goals. The investments are not generally dependent on high levels of leverage, as they plan for solid financial foundations and focus primarily on operational and cross-border growth.
The fund is managed by approximately 20 seasoned investment professionals out of its offices in Munich, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing, which provides in-depth investment experience in Europe as well as Asia. The team is supported by a number of reputable senior advisors, who add significant value to the portfolio companies and include current or former business executives or entrepreneurs of major international corporations.
The fund is looking to hire an Associate to support the increasing deals flow. The role cover the following key areas:
- Assistance with general company activities including internal projects, corporate development
- Building market presence and reputation of the fund
- Deal origination
- Deal evaluation
- Deal execution
- Monitoring and management of investee companies
- Exiting investments
- Collaboration with global investment team
Required background / skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- At least two years’ work experience in investment banking, strategic consulting firms, or on the buyside
- Strong analytical & problem analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to integrate quickly in a team
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Excellent commercial judgement and ability to employ 80/20 decision making
- Strong background in financial modelling & company valuations
- An understanding of the private equity deal process including value levers and deal financial structures
- Prior knowledge of / work experience in the industrials and medtech spaces is a plus, but not mandatory
- European languages skills would be considered as a plus
The Associate will be working with a high degree of autonomy in an environment where everyone is encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they are comfortable with whilst effectively prioritising and organising multiple workstreams. The role is based out of London but you can expect to work across investment teams and geographies.