Investment Associate - Private Capital Fund
- Competitive basic and bonus plus carry
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
We have recently launched a search for a newly raised private capital fund. The €400m fund (already raised) will invest in both the credit and equity of European mid market companies. The team will proactively source non-competitive investment opportunities with family and founder-led businesses. With assistance of senior advisors they will add value to portfolio companies in the areas of strategic, M&A and capital structure direction as well as operational improvement. There will be a flexible mandate to invest across the capital structure, a genuinely entrepreneurial culture, and the opportunity to get in at the beginning.
Associates will be expected to be highly entrepreneurial and enthusiastic about origination and networking to build relationships with founders, business owners, and management teams. Candidates should possess strong quantitative skills gained through an Investment Banking training (M&A or LeveraGed Finance) as well as qualitative skills enabling them to undertake a high level of responsibility with respect to the screening of investment opportunities and deal execution. The role will involve generalist sector coverage, on a pan-European basis, therefore European language skills are preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional business analytic and quantitative skills
- Strong origination mindset
- Strong intellect and focus
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership