Investment Associate - Private Equity - London
Tikehau Capital is a global alternative asset management group with €31.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 September 2021). Tikehau Capital has developed a wide range of expertise across four asset classes (private debt, real assets, private equity and capital markets strategies) as well as multi-asset and special opportunities strategies.
Tikehau Capital is a founder led team with a differentiated business model, a strong balance sheet, proprietary global deal flow and a track record of backing high quality companies and executives.
Deeply rooted in the real economy, Tikehau Capital provides bespoke and innovative alternative financing solutions to companies it invests in and seeks to create long-term value for its investors, while generating positive impacts on society. Leveraging its strong equity base (€2.9 billion of shareholders' equity as of 30 June 2021), the firm invests its own capital alongside its investor-clients within each of its strategies.
Controlled by its managers alongside leading institutional partners, Tikehau Capital is guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and DNA, shared by its 672 employees (as of 30 September 2021) across its 12 offices in Europe, Asia and North America. Tikehau Capital is listed in compartment A of the regulated Euronext Paris market (ISIN code: FR0013230612; Ticker: TKO.FP).
For more information, please visit: www.tikehaucapital.com Mission
In this position, you will join Tikehau Capital's Private Equity team in London, with responsibilities across all aspects of private equity investments, including sourcing, due diligence, financial modelling and deal execution, ongoing monitoring and value creation and divestitures. The role is across the growth equity (€0.4bn) and decarbonisation (€1bn) funds, both pan-European funds, focussing on UK and Irish investments.
As part of the close-knit investment team, you will gain exposure & gain high levels of responsibility at an early stage. Responsibilities include:
- Financial modelling for growth equity, various deal structures and investment returns
- Drafting and presenting investment recommendation documents;
- Working closely with management teams and internal cross-country teams in Italy, Spain, France, Benelux, Germany and the Netherlands;
- Developing investable subsector themes with focus on majority and minority investments
- Contributing to due diligence workstreams on prospective investments (e.g. financial, commercial, tax, legal due diligence etc.);
- Contributing to the negotiation and drafting of legal transaction documentation (SPA, SHA, MIP etc);
- Supporting portfolio companies throughout our investment period (including the planning, execution and monitoring of value creation initiatives; 100 day planning, add-on acquisitions, etc.);
- Managing and training more junior members of the team;
- Conducting various other tasks related to private equity investor reporting, market research, internal requests and marketing efforts with current and potential investors.
We are looking for a professional with the ability and willingness to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Top academic credentials from a leading university
- 3-5 years of work experience in private equity, M&A, strategy consulting, leveraged finance or transaction services
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in growth capital & LBO modelling and in drafting investment proposals and investment committee papers
- Good attention to detail
- Superior organizational competence (planning, scheduling, coordinating and time management)
- Excellent teamwork skills within an international setting
- Excellent language skills (a second or third language could be helpful)
- A positive work ethic and self-motivated
- A high energy level coupled with a strong desire to learn and succeed, along with a professional demeanor
- A desire to remain in the PE industry for the long term