Investment Associate, Innovative Venture Capital-Focused Direct Secondaries Fund, London, UK
Our client is a small, management-owned fund operating within the venture capital and growth equity space. Utilising a flexible and opportunistic approached they have carved out a hugely exciting and differentiated niche as a solutions provider at both the portfolio company and LP level.
As part of this "secondary direct" strategy, it can buy interests in individual venture capital or private equity-backed businesses to provide growth capital. It can also acquire portfolios of businesses to provide liquidity for LPs or fund restructuring solutions for GPs.
Given the success of the strategy, increased deal flow and the plans to raise a bigger fund in the near future, it is looking to expand the deal doing capacity of the group by hiring an Associate to join the small and highly active investment team.
This role will suit an entrepreneurial candidate with a willingness to join a fast-moving and growing business in a niche market with excellent opportunity to work on unique deals. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to and lead both financial and commercial due diligences on deals
- Gain exposure across all aspects of the deal execution through to completion and support seniors along the process
- Attend management meetings with the wider team
- Work with the deal team to create bespoke investment structures and solutions that fit the team's mandate and suit that of partner GPs
- As you build on experience and execution, you will also be expected to contribute to deal sourcing by representing the fund in meetings with potential partner GPs
- Analyst / Associate-level experience within corporate finance, investment banking or a buy-side institution
- Strong modelling and valuations skills
- Familiarity with venture investing will be a plus
- Experience in the software and/or fintech sectors is desirable
- Demonstrable project management and deal execution skills
- Confident English communicator with excellent people skills