Investment Associate, Venture Capital, London
- Competitive basic + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
This is a rare opportunity for a junior strategy consultant to break into Venture Capital. Our client is a leading pan-European tech investor with a compelling track record in the B2B software sector.
As an Associate in the London office, you will take on a broad range of investment responsibilities including:
- Execution of investment opportunity sourcing strategies
- Detailed analysis and due diligence on relevant investment opportunities
- Market & Financial analyses together with quantitative modelling, reporting to members of the broader investment team
- Support production of quarterly reports on the progress of portfolio companies
- Support portfolio companies in areas such as market and competitor analysis, acquisition review and financial analysis of prospective funding or exit events
Candidates are likely to have top-tier academics including an undergraduate degree in a STEM subject, followed by 1 – 3 years professional experience in one of strategy consulting or investment banking, with demonstrable interest in early stage investing / businesses. They will be entrepreneurial, commercially minded and tech-savvy. Other personal qualities will include self-starter attitude, strong networking skills and comfortable with independent working. European language skills, especially German, French or Nordic, are advantageous.