Investment Bank Legal Entity Controller - £450 per day
- £450 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Ink Recruitment
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
12 month + contract. This role is within the Financial Accounting team of three legal entity controllers (LECs) and reports to the Head of Legal Entity Control.
The key focus of the role is the monthly closing process, annual statutory accounts and audit, delivery of high quality Board reporting, and the oversight of the financial management for a number of subsidiaries and SPVs.
Closing responsibilities within the team include:
• Application, analysis and review of IFRS accounting and reporting within the monthly financial reporting process.
• Maintenance of integrity and accuracy in accounting ledgers.
• Produce and review Board reports for presentation to management, including qualitative and quantitative review of key financial statements.
• Manage subsidiaries through IFRS9 implementation.
• Compliance with the control framework, including substantiation of accounting balances.
A high level of importance is placed on:
• Clear understanding of accounting issues and concise communication of issues and resolution to management.
• Efficient and timely submission of high quality deliverables, with a strict adherence to deadlines.
• Accurate and clear documentation of all work performed, maintaining a comprehensive audit trail.
• Working closely within the team to ensure that all month end tasks are completed within required deadlines.
• Timely and accurate reporting of financial information to stakeholders as required.
Outside of the closing process the work is focused on the following:
• Addressing evolving financial accounting, reporting and control requirements for legal entities, including participation in defining accounting and control models.
• Ensure financial management (eg dividends, financing) and restructuring (eg closure of entities) tasks are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Preparation and review of statutory financial statements.
• Review and enhancement of existing processes and procedures.
Identify efficiency opportunities, and prioritise and implement these
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) with IFRS knowledge, specifically affecting financial services activity
• Experience of working in an accounting, reporting or legal entity control function within an investment bank (preferred).
• Strong understanding of Capital Markets and Banking products, including their lifecycles, and their representation in the financial statements
• Preparation and review of statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS requirements, working to agreed deadlines
Presentation to stakeholders on accounting and reporting topics