To support and assist fellow Team members with client account and transaction workload. Complete training to work towards having client interaction and taking responsibility for certain tasks. To learn from other Team members about the running of client accounts on a day-to-day basis as well as providing a support role in transaction management and execution.
Head of Investment Banking
- Financial analysis including: preparation of detailed, integrated financial models; sensitivity analysis; capital/funding structures.
- Build detailed knowledge of the regulatory framework of the London Stock Exchange and a good understanding of the requirements of and interaction with the FCA/The London Stock Exchange/AIM Regulation/the Panel on Takeovers & Mergers with regard to client issues, and continuing obligations.
- Provide proofing and assistance with production and drafting of shareholder circulars, prospectuses and information memoranda as well as other related documentation, collation of placing confirmation and account reconciliation’s, liaison with settlement and back office, production of transaction files and other client files.
- Become proficient in client account day-to-day administration e.g. preparation of routine regulatory announcements, dealing with routine matters on continuing obligations.
- Become proficient in routine client liaison – ensuring incoming communications from clients/other advisers are transferred to appropriate team member for actioning and relaying market/price developments.
- To understand and adhere to all relevant compliance and legal rules and regulations in relation to this role.
- Study for regulatory exams and sit exams within the first 6 months of employment.
- Has a can-do mentality. Is eager to learn and applies new skills.
- Can be trusted with sensitive, confidential information. Adheres to the firm’s Code of Conduct.
- Develops effective working relationships with clients by consistently managing expectations and delivering a high quality service.
- Is flexible in changing demands of the job. Adapts well to new environments.
- Shows willingness to explore different options. Demonstrates the ability to think without consulting others. Is proactive and displays initiative.
- Actively shares information with others and contributes individual expertise towards the achievement of group objectives. Demonstrates the ability to work productively within a team environment.
- Expresses verbal and written information and ideas clearly and concisely. Listens effectively and questions appropriately to gain full understanding. Responds to queries in a timely manner.
- Plans and prioritises own work effectively to meet deadlines and able to question priority and importance of work. Communicates progress and difficulties to other team members.
- Understands and complies with corporate and legal compliance/control requirements, including FSMA and FCA rules and regulations, AIM rules for Nomads and any other relevant regulations. Reads and complies with the firm’s internal policies and procedures. Sensitive to issues and consistently applies high compliance/control standards. Escalates issues of concern to more senior team members or compliance in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Permanent contract after 3 months’ probationary period
- 40 hours per week
- 5 weeks’ holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
Skills, Attributes and Credentials:
- University education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word/Excel/Powerpoint as well as market systems
- Previous work experience within an investment/stock broking house or legal/accountancy qualifications would be advantageous
Liberum Capital Limited is a UK based independent investment bank with an “all cap” focus. Liberum is based in London and also has a wholly owned US subsidiary which provides access to the European markets for institutional investors based in North America. The principal activity of the Group is the provision of institutional and corporate stock broking services, focused on cash equities and investment banking.
The core activities are:
- Investment Banking – provides corporate finance, corporate broking and advisory services to public and private companies and closed end investment funds.
- Research, Sales and Execution - in large and mid-cap European equities, small cap UK equities and closed end investment funds listed on the London Stock Exchange or Euronext or traded on AIM. It also provides sales, trading and execution services in convertible bonds.
- Market Making – in small and mid-cap UK equities and closed end investment funds.
Liberum started trading in 2007 and has had 13 consecutive profitable years. We believe clients are looking for a more tailored service and we aim to be proactive and innovative in our approach and deal with clients responsibly and fairly.
As a business Liberum endeavours to hire and retain people of the highest calibre. The culture is one of a shared and collective responsibility and to this end the company is 100% employee owned.