Investment Banking Analyst - Graduate Program
- Competitive Salary
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cantor Fitzgerald.
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking a number of graduates for its Investment Banking Analyst - Graduate program, for a September 2018 start. The program consists of 4 rotations that will give you exposure to all of Cantor Fitzgerald’s (CFE) revenue generating areas, providing you with an invaluable platform to start your career in Financial Services. The 4 divisions being corporate finance, research, trading & sales.
After a comprehensive technical classroom-based training plan you will participate in four three month rotations across the following business areas:
- Corporate Finance
These rotations will give you exposure to all of Cantor Fitzgerald’s (CFE) revenue generating areas, providing you with an invaluable platform to start your career in Financial Services.
Graduates will gain experience and be involved with the following:
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- Ensure compliance in accordance with CFE or regulatory standards and policies.
- To gain a thorough understanding of all the main macro-economic, commercial and sector specific drivers/themes which will influence the financial value of a company through research.
- An introduction of accounting standards, financial interpretation and valuation techniques.
- Collation and dissemination of news stories and earnings releases
- Bloomberg functionality
- FX Trading for hedging client trades
- Assist in the team’s preparation of the daily morning equities call
- Attend company meetings and presentations by senior management teams.
- Assist with the publication of the weekly sales note (distributed to institutional clients).
- Internal CRM and research distribution review.
What we look for:
- Highly motivated individuals with track records of outstanding academic performance
- Strong evidence of teamwork and the ability to thrive in a team setting
- A results-focused approach to work
- Personal and professional integrity
- Good attention to detail
- Proactivity and punctuality
- Prior experience working in banking or at a financial institution is beneficial, but not essential
- To be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
About Cantor Fitzgerald:
Cantor Fitzgerald, formed in 1945 as an investment bank and brokerage business, became known for its innovation in computer-based bond brokerage, the quality and success of its institutional distribution business model, and as the market’s premier dealer of government securities.
Since that time, Cantor has continued to set the pace in innovation to become a premier global financial services firm. Today, Cantor is a preeminent capital markets investment bank, recognized for its strengths in the equity and fixed income capital markets as well as its global distribution model. Cantor is also expanding its presence as the leading independent middle market investment bank serving the marketplace with investment banking services, prime brokerage, and commercial real estate financing.
For 72 years, Cantor consistently fuelled the growth of original ideas, pioneered new markets and provided superior service to clients. Cantor operates trading desks in every major financial centre in the world, with offices in over 30 locations around the world and approximately 1,600 employees.