Investment Banking Division - Emerging Markets - Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
Within the European Investment Banking Division, the Industry and County groups work with international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions. Clients include FTSE-100 and other companies across various sectors such as Industrials, Financial Services, Telecom, Energy/Utilities and Retail/Consumer in addition to the government. Professionals in the EMEA office work closely with Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets colleagues around the world.
Analysts will play an important role in teams that include senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively
• Creating and analysing financial models with a high degree of granularity
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and transactions
• Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for a wider audience both internally within the firm as well as externally
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Helping to manage and assist in the execution of corporate finance transactions
• Proven relevant work experience within Investment Banking
• Fluent in English and Russian; must have business level Russian; in order to translate transactions into Russian. Ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful
• Strong academic background and the equivalent of a top class undergraduate degree from a leading university
• Strong analytical and modelling skills that put you at ease with financial data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Proactive and positive, self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 03/05/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.