Investment Banking Division - FIG Team - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
Morgan Stanley's Financial Institutions Group (FIG) devises and executes innovative, customised solutions to our Clients' most challenging issues. The Group’s clients comprise i.a. leading European Financial Institutions such as Banks, Insurances, Asset Managers and Exchanges.
The Group excels in domestic and international / cross-border transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, recapitalisations, spin-offs, exchange offers, equity & debt capital market transactions, leveraged buyouts and takeover defenses as well as shareholder relations.
Morgan Stanley applies its global network, extensive experience in dealing with local jurisdictions throughout Europe as well as in-depth knowledge of its comprehensive banking products suite to meet our Clients' short- and long-term strategic objectives.
• Evaluating clients’ strategic landscape and make recommendations on potential strategic actions.
• Advising clients of the investment banking division on a broad range of transactions
• Analyzing and advising on a broad range of financial matters to companies’ managements, boards and shareholders and coordinate with legal, regulatory, accounting and other advisors.
• Identifying and initiating new domestic and international banking relationships.
• Developing and maintaining key business relationships with senior corporate management and board of directors.
• Supervising Associates and Analysts on various banking transactions.
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from leading universities
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Exposure to FIG is essential
• Fluent in English is essential
• Strong analytical and modelling skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2