Investment Banking Division - Global Industrials Group - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance.
With over 2,000 investment banking and capital markets professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
The Global Industries Group (GIG) covers a broad portfolio of industrial segments, including capital goods, automotive, aerospace and defence, industrial services and industrial-focussed technologies on a pan-European basis. Within the European Investment Banking Division, the Global Industries team works together with the appropriate geographic and product partners within Morgan Stanley to provide global, seamless and best-in-class service to the relevant regional and international clients. The team takes an active and key role in (i) idea generation and origination efforts, and (ii) transaction execution efforts, including complex transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalisations, demergers, leveraged buyouts, defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory mandates and executions of public and private equity and debt capital markets transactions.
• Evaluating clients' strategic positioning and landscape to make recommendations on potential strategic actions
• Advising clients on a broad range of transaction types
• Identifying and initiating new domestic and international banking relationships
• Analysing and advising on a broad range of financial matters to companies' managements, boards and shareholders, including coordination with legal, accounting, regulatory and other advisers
• Developing and maintaining key business relationships with senior corporate management and board of directors
• Supervising Associates and Analysts on various banking transactions and origination efforts
• Top class undergraduate degree in Finance or Economics (or related field) from leading university
• Strong track record of Investment Banking experience with a leading investment bank or boutique
• Exposure to the Industrial sector is highly beneficial
• Strong experience in Banking, working with multinational corporate clients for a global financial services firm
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with a strategic mind set
• Strong people management skills – able to motivate, direct and empower team members through ongoing feedback and coaching.
• Strong team player - able to contribute to a team environment that balances individual initiative and team accomplishments.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a team environment
• Client-centricity – ability to establish rapport with clients so they feel that they have a “personal” relationship with the Firm/Division
• Strong professional skills - recognized for product/functional knowledge and execution
• Excellence – able to identify opportunities to optimize a team’s talents and an ability to contribute to profitability and efficiency
• Innovation – able to identify creative solutions in the face of complex problems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive, self-motivated and goal oriented
• Excellent organisational skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.