Investment Banking Project Finance Portfolio & Transaction Management (Front Office), Associate.
- £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits and Bonus GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
Our client is a leading global banking group, looking for somebody with c.2-3 years' experience in an IB Structured Finance / Investment Banking Project Finance role to join a highly specialised and successful PF Team within their Investment Banking arena. The team covers a range of sectors within Project Finance including: Infrastructure, PPP, PFI, Natural Resources, Renewables, Power, Oil & Gas and Energy.
There is no specific specialisation within the team and all members will work alongside the Project Finance origination teams and have full visibility to a broad range of different products, transactions and assets under management against all of the above in a very busy environment.
Key personal attributes:
- You will have a demonstrable background and understanding of Structured Finance / Project Finance.
- You will be responsible for effectively monitoring and analysing credit risks regarding your assigned part of the portfolio, with assets under your direct control and you will recommend appropriate courses of action.
- You will correspond with third parties who have vested interest in the assets post-transaction eg Sponsors, other banks in syndicated deals, legal and credit teams.
- You will help to identify further potential business opportunities from within the existing portfolio and assist with new business initiatives, including refinancing of existing assets.
- Conduct client and transaction due-diligence through financial modelling and the analysis of technical and legal reports
- You will not be expected to build the models from scratch as there is a separate Financial Modelling team , however, you will be required to use existing models and to interrogate, understand, use and interpret models to a lay audience.
- Sector preference – strong preference for Project Finance experience within any of the following: Natural resources, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Renewables, Energy or Power. The remit covers all the sectors mentioned above.
- Soft skills: you will regularly be engaging with clients so being able to present with credibility and demonstrate a strong understanding of the subject matter to help the client structure a bespoke deal, is important
- Responding to routine client queries with a high level of customer service and being able to field a broad range of questions in a competent and thorough manner is essential.
- Prepare marketing materials, credit applications, negotiate agreements
Skills and Competencies
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong academics and relevant professional qualifications/accreditations
- Good time management and be able to work under pressure
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior members of the business
- Effectively operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving capability
- Awareness of industry developments