Investment Compliance Advisory Manager (Fixed Income)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will be responsible for providing advice to the Fixed income investment team and their respective support functions. In addition, you will also be working closely with the Portfolio compliance monitoring team based in HK on new fund launches and guideline interpretation within IMA/Prospectuses.
About London Investment Compliance
London Investment Compliance Advisory, is responsible for providing portfolio and trading desk monitoring, compliance advice and support to the UK and European based investment teams, including fund managers, research analysts, trading desks, corporate finance and their respective support groups. The department primarily takes responsibility for providing advice to European Equity and Fixed Income, as well as associated derivative, activities but also provides services to the Fidelity Multi-asset and Real Estate Investments teams.
Purpose of your role
This role is within the London Investment Compliance Advisory team and reports to the Associate Director responsible for the Fixed income and Multi-asset compliance advisory function. You will be responsible for providing advice to the Fixed income investment team and their respective support functions. In addition, you will also be working closely with the Portfolio compliance monitoring team based in HK on new fund launches and guideline interpretation within IMA/Prospectuses.
- Advise the business, primarily the front office, on the impact of regulations which affect the business.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and hot topics apparent from regulatory sanctions, thematic reviews and enforcement actions.
- Represent Investment Compliance in regulatory, systems development and other projects (e.g. new product initiatives) and various committees.
- Provide advisory support to Fixed income portfolio services group (FI PSG) in relation to pre-trade compliance including, for example, guidance on UCITS eligibility, limits and concentration rules and application of compliance policies.
- Provide pre-trade compliance support for Equity and Multi-asset when required
- Engage with FIL's institutional services and product management teams and other support functions, including local compliance officers in relation to new fund launches.
- Provide advisory support to the Global Compliance Monitoring teams, including, for example, guidance on FCA COBS and EU MiFID requirements and application of compliance policies; provide input into the development of the Front Office risk based compliance monitoring plan.
- In the UK and globally, establish and maintain relationships with senior management and staff in compliance and other areas, such as legal, audit and risk.
- Liaison with external parties such as trustees/depositories, auditors and regulators, responding to regulatory requests and other information or audit requests.
- Assist in providing training to the business where relevant.
- Prepare reports on compliance and regulatory issues for senior management; contribute to board reports.
- Preparation and collation of management information and reports as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Significant compliance experience within asset management across a broad range of products and investment management disciplines with experience of front office advisory, specifically fixed income.
- Robust knowledge of fund management processes, instruments, products and funds.
- Excellent knowledge of the FCA Handbook.
- Knowledge of offshore products and regulatory regimes would be an advantage (e.g. Luxembourg, Ireland, US, Hong Kong).
- Experience of portfolio compliance monitoring, ideally using Charles River systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and ability to communicate with senior management in a confident and professional manner.
- Comfortable dealing with portfolio managers, traders and other divisions within an asset management firm.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills.