This role sits within the Marketing department on the Investment Content team. The team ensures that Insight’s messages are clear, consistent and compelling to clients, media and colleagues. This role specifically supports the communication of Insight’s investment capabilities through the creation of marketing collateral at the asset class, product and fund level. This includes development of thought leadership, sales messages and educational materials to promote Insight’s investment capabilities, as well as fund and market reporting. Initially, a large part of the role will include the timely production of high-quality commentary, articles and award submissions. However, candidates should be able to migrate towards a much broader array of high-quality content as they increase their institutional knowledge and technical expertise.
• Ensure the timely production of high-quality, accurate investment commentary for a range of communications, including client reports, market and performance reviews.
• Support media activity through the writing of articles and awards submissions.
• Produce high-quality content across a variety of written media covering Insight’s investment capabilities and products.
• Proactively support the development and articulation of messages for the Company’s client and media distribution channels.
• Act as a key source of investment, market and product-related expertise.
• Proactively identify opportunities to promote Insight’s products and capabilities and to enhance Insight’s position as a thought leader within the marketplace.
• Build effective relationships with the investment management and distribution teams to ensure investment information is utilised to maximum effect.
• Ensure consistency of style and message across all investment communications.
• Maximise the leverage of content pieces across regions and media in a timely manner.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Strong written skills are essential, particularly the ability to write creatively across a broad range of media for a range of audiences across the full investment spectrum.
• Some experience in a writing role with an investment management company desirable, though individuals with media, research or other backgrounds will be considered. Demonstrable technical investment knowledge across asset classes including fixed income, LDI, equities, multi-asset and absolute return desirable.
• Robust understanding of financial markets and the investment management industry necessary in order to provide market update and investment/economic outlooks.
• Experience of writing for the institutional market preferred.
• Strong organisational skills and proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of Excel and Bloomberg required.
• High level of proficiency in data management and chart creation an advantage.
• Desire to study for investment qualifications, e.g. CFA, preferred. IMC qualification an advantage.
• Fluency in foreign languages