Canada Life UK are currently recruiting for a Investment Finance Accountant to join our team in London on an initial 3 month Contract, with scope to extend.
Canada Life UK, a leading international financial services company focusing on retirement, home finance, protection, estate planning, savings and investments, and insurance.
To support the commercial finance accounting and reporting for all Canada Life Investments activities and the management and financial accounting requirements of Canada Life UK
To support the financial relationship between Canada Life Investments and its clients, providing all necessary analysis and information to ensure competitive business performance meets client expectations and needs.
Annual Canada Life Investment expense budget is in excess of £15m with assets under management exceeding £15b.
- Carry out all operational processes, controls and month end processing required to complete the financial close for CL Investments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the production of Canada Life Investments’ financial accounts and Management MI including full expense budgets and fee income streams with analysis of financial performance and business reporting for Senior Management
- Carry out and continually assess all unit costing, break even analysis and business/product fees to support CL Investments commercial activities to ensure ongoing competitive, profitable returns that meet business targets as well as transfer pricing requirements within the group.
- Produce regular detailed Sales reporting and analysis of Collectives including variance analysis and associated profitability measures and statistics to. To include other CL Investment offerings.
- Carry out client invoicing and recharging with full accounting and debtor controls. Provide accounting and administrative support for operations teams within CL Investments
- Liaise with Corporate Finance team at CLL to ensure all data and reporting requirements to the Group are met by CL Investments
- Continually keep abreast of changes to finance/investment regulations & implement new procedures when necessary ensuring the Business’ legal & statutory requirements are met
- Qualified Accountant (or near qualified) -
- Investment accounting experience – minimum 2 years
- Creative, client focussed with attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex tasks, unsupervised.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good skills in relevant software applications, including excel, word, ICON, SAP
- Ability to work on own initiative and to agreed targets
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Enthusiastic and confident approach to new challenges.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
About Canada Life UK:
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures.
There can be no greater priority than the commitment and responsibility towards all our customers. At Canada Life we adhere to the same principles as when we were formed in 1847: integrity, consistency and experience.
Our heritage is important to us. Our parent company, Great-West Lifeco, is a financially strong, stable, modern global organisation. The oldest Canadian life assurance company, Great-West Lifeco traces its foundation back to 1847 - that is more than 170 years of helping customers plan for the future.
Since 1903 we have operated in the United Kingdom where we have hundreds of respected and supported staff all geared to doing the right thing for customer.