Investment Management Financial Reporting Manager – Initial 1 year contract London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
One of London's most well regarded Investment Managers ($100bn+ in AUM) is keen to add a bright, analytically minded and experienced Audit professional to their Global Finance team. Their ideal hire would have a number of years post ACA / ACCA qualification experience managing multiple audits within a well-known accountancy firm. The opportunity is very broad and would very much suit someone who is looking to move from practice into the investment management industry and wanting to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Though this role is being initially offered as a 12 month contract, it is highly anticipated should the successful candidate perform well in the role, the role will be offered on a permanent basis, or the very least the person will be considered for another role within this ever growing and changing business.
- Ensure the smooth running of various funds financial reporting requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Planning the year-end audit and interim account preparation, with prioritisation of work in order to meet the various deadlines
- Understand, interpret and apply relevant financial reporting standards (including technical changes under IFRS) across the funds ranges
- Co-ordinate processes with external third party parties (including administrators and respective audit firms)
- Manage the different internal stakeholders ensuring smooth process to completion
- Lead the internal preparation and completion of data needed financial reports disclosures
- Review and maintenance of regular data flows data where relevant (e.g. performance calculations, holdings data, OCF)
- Understanding of fund documentation including prospectus and other third party agreements etc.
- Responsible for liaising with directors through to account completion
- Responsible for coordinating sign-off process for UK Funds
- Attend related Board meetings regarding accounts approval
- Manage the various administrators, strengthening relationship, monitoring performance
- Develop the ongoing implementation of standard global operating processes and procedures across the firm. Identifying improvements and effecting change
- Continued liaison with Structuring & Investment teams on investment and fund queries
- Develop cross training programme within Client and Portfolio Services to deepen bench strength in Financial Reporting production oversight
- Assist with ad hoc information requests.
- Be a qualified accountant and have experience managing multiple audits across various timelines. Those from a Big 4 background are preferable
- Working commercial knowledge of various fund structures
- Ability to embrace change and help identify efficiencies on process to the benefit of wider teams
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions across the organisation
- Proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Clear communicator, both verbally and written for both internal audiences and external clients
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexible to meet workload
- Numerate with high attention to detail, accounting experience required
- Experience of working in fund management (multiple asset classes, including private and alternative asset classes)
- Advanced Excel.