We are looking to recruit additional Investment Managers to increase our investment management capacity and to help reinforce team structures. Our Investment Managers play an important role in supporting the Investment Directors in the care of client portfolios as well as managing select portfolios personally.
Our Investment Managers manage, on an individual and shared basis, client portfolios, reviewing their performance and investing funds as appropriate to generate required income.
You’ll have the opportunity to build your own book and pitch for centrally sourced clients in order to develop new business.
Learning and Development Opportunities
We choose to invest significantly in the development of our people, and regularly review the relevance and outcomes of this training. We also encourage our employees to take relevant business qualifications and offer generous support packages. Our investment professionals are required to achieve standards above the regulatory minimum with a particular focus on the Chartered Wealth Manager and Chartered Financial Analyst qualifications.
We have an active continuous professional development offering to support with our annual requirement of 35 CPD hours. For example:
- In 2019 we delivered training on stock selection, off-shore bonds and SIPPs and in 2020 the theme was portfolio construction. We also offer a wide range of personal development options, management and soft skills training.
- There is an Investment Mentoring Scheme run by our Research department which takes 2-3 years. This scheme focuses on different asset classes each year with the support of a dedicated mentor. During this scheme, mentees have the opportunity to learn from their mentor, draft research notes, attend committee meetings, improve presentation skills etc.
- There is a Business Development programme (4, half day modules over 6-9 months) which is designed to support the development of skills to grow the book from referrals, recommendations and introductions. The content covers business development planning, networking, pitching, engaging with potential clients and securing the business.
We have a structured investment management career path and clear internal guidelines which detail the competencies that an individual would be expected to be able to demonstrate when moving from one level to another. Typically, individuals joining at the Investment Manager level can apply to be considered for promotion to Investment Director after approximately 5 years’ tenure.
- Work as part of a team, sharing information and ideas, monitoring and assessing investment data, taking appropriate action as required.
- Manage, on an individual and shared basis, client portfolios, reviewing their performance and investing funds as appropriate to generate required income.
- Advise and liaise personally with clients, ensuring that all clients receive valuations and performance measures of their portfolios
- Maintain and develop good relationships with brokers, professional advisers and other relevant organisations, carrying out desk research as necessary to ensure that investment and technical knowledge is maintained. This includes maintaining up to date knowledge of and adherence to current regulatory requirements
- Work as part of an Investment team supporting them in administrative matters, sharing information and ideas.
- Building improved contacts with clients and professional advisers in order to develop new business.
- Communicate effectively with the Investment Administration team to action or resolve client related matters.
- Report to Senior Management any concerns relating to improper business practice, e.g. insider dealing, market manipulation, money laundering etc.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the continuing professional development of oneself and of the team.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the Group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
Knowledge and skills required
- Have an Investment Management background and experience of managing portfolios
- Keeps up to date with developments in the industry, including new products, legislation and regulation
- Level 6 / 7 qualified
We will be shortlisting and commencing interviews from W/C 22/02/2021
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, current remuneration and notice period marked FAO Kat Williams and quoting reference number 856-859.