Investment Manager's Assistant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
Client service - Foster good relations with clients, assisting the SID / SIM / IM / IME with retention, principally as written & telephone support covering non-investment related issues such as administration, service, communication and reporting. Investment Manager support – clerical support including mail merge communications, dispatch of tax packs, valuations, liaison with Custodian / back office, maintenance of data and document storage systems, travel / diary management, filing etc, Team management & Projects – The delivery of ALIM / team front / middle office projects under the guidance of the BSM Ensure administrative side of clients affairs are managed
• Supporting a Director, Senior Investment Manager and his deputy on all client facing service (non-investment) issues
• Provision of responsive, timely and high quality client service by phone, e-mail and letter
• Preparation of data and presentation packs for client meetings (including binding)
• Maintaining a paperless document management & storage system
• Liaison with Back Office Operations on administrative issues
• Mail merges for client communications (e.g. annual, semi-annual and quarterly reporting)
• Assisting with the on-boarding of new clients via the management of their information packs through the process and the regular communication of progress to the client or their CRM.
• Management of account closure paperwork
• Construction, adaptation and updating of Excel spreadsheets and other reporting systems
• Oversight, co-ordination and documentation of investment monitoring process.
• Make necessary travel arrangements (rail/air/hotel), booking in advance where possible to ensure cost effectiveness
• Undertake routine administrative tasks such as typing, photocopying and faxing along with phone filtering & coverage
• Assisting the team / Business Support Manager with ad hoc projects (e.g. writing / recording procedures, updating Factsheets and marketing materials)
• Preparation of IM investment process and team meeting documentation and recording of meeting minutes.
• Special focus on supporting IM’s on Research related issues, taking responsibility the administration of summary spreadsheets, and providing ad hoc support where necessary.
Knowledge & Experience
• Investment administration background with experience working with HNW Private Clients within an Investment Management back office or front office team is preferred. Additionally considered are individuals demonstrating a desire to enter private client investment management who understand that experience and grounding in the administration and operation of client accounts is important.
• Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
• Understands importance of and can deliver accuracy & perfection
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work under pressure, responsible, proactive, dedicated and consistently able to achieve results with minimal supervision. Remains motivated and confidential at all times. Ability to act on own initiative
• Outstanding written & spoken communication skills. Ability and confidence to deal effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization.
• Desire to progress to an Investment Manager or Senior Operations / Team Manager role is not a requirement but those career avenues are available for the right person.
• The individual should demonstrate an ability to work in a methodical, logical and accurate fashion, occasionally under time pressure
• The individual must be conscientious and diligent in their work to ensure accuracy of data input, filing correctly placed etc.
• The individual will provide phone & dealing cover during periods when the investment team is in meetings and will not necessarily be involved in investment research, debates or decisions from outset. Must be of robust enough character to push back on jobs that are others responsibility.
• Attention to detail, quality, high standards, and controls.
• Flexible working style, ability to work well in a team environment
• Sense of urgency when required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a positive demeanour
• Capable of working under pressure and using own initiative and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst remaining flexible, proactive and efficient
• Aptitude for learning and willingness to develop & expand role where required.
• Demonstrate, through words and behaviours, an in-depth understanding and strong personal commitment to your work.
• Qualifications – Full IOC of CISI / FSA Financial Regulation at Level 3 or equivalent preferred
• Respecting Others
• Team Working
Business Focused Competencies
• Service Excellence / Client Focus
• Communication & Confidence
• Working Proactively
• Planning & Reviewing