- Up to £46,000 GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- The Emerald Group
- 29 Aug 18 2018-08-29
My client is looking for a strong candidate to join their London based investment operations team.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. To develop and take ownership of the companies vision, Business Plan and values, and to be totally committed to these
2. To oversee all investments and support the Investment Operations Manager in
the management of the custodian and outsourced suppliers
3.To manage the instructions to the Custodian for cash and trades in accordance
with internal and external deadlines and ensure they are captured into the systems
in a timely and correct manner.
4. To data-check and analyse the monthly/quarterly performance reports from the
Custodian bank based on the understanding of the investment markets,
Investment Managers mandates and scheme strategies (guidance will be
5. To develop, implement and manage the data feeds/structures that feed the systems and support the investments and reporting.
6. To develop a strong knowledge of the investment processes, with the technology
that supports them, and recommend and execute solutions to resolve issues
(including updating or creating data structures/feeds and ETL processes)
7. To gain an understanding of the different asset classes and accordingly
understand their pricing structures
8. To report on the investments of the company to its clients and ensure compliance with all guidelines and perform all duties in line with the companies Information Security Policy.
9. To follow the due diligence procedures for the selection of third parties;custodians, fund managers (pre and post appointment) and co-ordinate with the Investment Management Team, Finance team and Internal Audit within the company to ensure a smooth implementation of new investments or disinvestments.
10. To report on key controls to monitor risks, losses and costs and identify /manage
operational risk relating to investments, taking necessary action as and when
11.To develop the technical expertise of the systems (internal and external) that
support the companies investment function
12. Perform testing of solutions and existing systems as required
1. Experience with an occupational pension scheme’s investment team, consulting or asset manager
2. Extensive knowledge of asset classes, managers and legal structures.
Investment qualification or other educational equivalent
3. Understanding of occupational pension schemes from both an
asset and liability perspective
4. Experience of managing investment data structures and feeds
5. Advanced MS Office skills.In particular Excel (pivot tables,
macros, VBA, dashboards, Conditional formatting, etc.)
6. Knowledge of custody account setup and management
7. Strong written, oral, presentation skills and good personal