The role is working at one of the leading Asset Managers within the operations team covering trade support and trade operations oversight across global markets.
The role of the Investment Operations Team is to monitor the operational activities provided by our external service provider. The team is also responsible for reporting obligations under EMIR and MIFID II.
The role will involve frequent and close interaction with staff of all levels, in both front and back office environments, and requires a candidate who is committed to teamwork.
The team consists of fifteen staff split across three locations.
- Assist team with oversight function of SSBT - to include:
- Settlement and trading queries
- Collateral management services
- Failed trades
- Static data maintenance
- Assist in the EMIR and MIFID trade and transaction reporting, activities may include:
- Daily submission of Transaction Report to ARM
- Daily clearance of exceptions reported by ARM and/or regulator
- Daily reconciliation of submission
- Assist with the oversight of our custody relationships.
- Interaction with our Fund managers, Implementation team and dealers globally.
- Assist with the implementation of new products/instruments or new service requirements
- Assist the team with the enhancement of any existing processes
- Assist team with eligible market reviews
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years’ relevant industry and operational experience. Exposure to Derivatives would be preferable.
- Experience of using thinkFolio
- Experience of liaising with individuals at all levels
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible work attitude
- Understanding of the operational aspects of an Asset Management organisation
- Ability to understand and identify possible areas of reputational and financial risk
- Understand third party service providers and data management