Investment Ops Trade Support – Consultant
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Investment Ops Trade Support – ConsultantSummary
This role sits within the Investment Operations Outsourcing (IOO) Trade Support Team. The objective of the team is to ensure timely and accurate trade instructions to the market facilitating settlement.
The IOO Trade Support Team Member is responsible for ensuring that trade related issues are monitored and queried within an agreed timeframe, escalating issues where required , providing support to partners and line management in accordance with the daily workload, oversight of functions carried out in off shore regions, working with brokers and clients where necessary to resolve issues.
The IOO Trade Support Team Member is also responsible for the services being provided to their allocated clients, which would include attending client review meetings and analysis of the team's performance versus client KPIs. Client STP rates would also need to be monitored and process improvements suggested to improve same day confirmation rates.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversight of the off shore Market Operations teams and ensuring that all service deliverables are met.
2. Successfully on boarding new clients and accounts with no service degradation.
3. Conducting process reviews of work performed in London & off shore - Suggesting efficiency or control improvements. This includes procedure and checklist reviews.
4. Adhering to the clients SLA & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
5. Attend client meetings, working closely with clients, striving to improve processes to support our service model. This includes the technology used to support each process and any manual touchpoints.
6. Escalating issues to line management. Being aware of and escalating issues relating to the Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
7. Actively manage trade related issues representing a financial or reputational risk to NT and track to resolution.
8. Ensuring all reconciliation queries are dealt with by the team within the specified timeframes.
9. Analysis, root cause, solution/ resolution, specific focus on SPT rates and gaps in the process working closely with the clients and internal stakeholders to improve service.
10. Assisting the teams and line management with complex client enquiries.
11. Assisting in the production of accurate and timely management information on all processes within the global market operations teams.
12. Participating in cross-training within the department
13. Contributing to the success of IOO Market Operations by providing support for any ad-hoc tasks or roles assigned by management.
14. Providing support to the off shore teams when required, including BCP scenarios.
15. Investigation and resolution of interest claims issued or received for allocated clients.
• Oversight of the confirmation settlement of trades. Ownership and accountability for all trade related issues arising on allocated clients.
• Investigating exceptions highlighted in the Daily Review/Front Office Rec process and tracking through to resolution.
• Investigating escalated issues from clients, custody and third parties.
• Ensuring new clients and accounts have been correctly set up ahead of trading and all relevant processes and controls are in place.
• Investigation of open claims through to the quickest possible resolution.
• Review of processes and KPIs for allocated clients with areas of concerns raised along with suggestions for improvement.
• Ownership of the client relationship from a market operations perspective including attendance at service review meetings.
Knowledge and Skills
• FCA Principles
• Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, Emerging Market transaction practices
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Self motivated
• Excel, CTM, ALERT, WTS, Fundmaster
• Able to prioritise
• Able to work under pressure - meet deadlines, teamwork
Experience and Qualifications Required
• 5 years securities experience preferable
• IOC qualified preferable
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets