Investment Performance Consultant
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The IIG Business Management team is responsible for business oversight reporting for IIG EMEA including outsourced functions, co-ordination and management of key initiatives and the provision of operational support to client service delivery teams.
The individual will be responsible for supporting Northern Trust’s clients in a performance capacity. This includes the production of performance, attribution and ex-post risk statistics; ensuring the accuracy of the data and dealing with ad-hoc requests.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Performance daily checks within the internal NT performance system and the online client reporting tool.
- Production and validation of performance attribution returns for all portfolios across all asset classes.
- Production of Fund, Group and Composite reports as per the monthly timetable.
- Provision of system support and training on NT’s online performance tools and Excel API.
- Manage client relationships on a day to day basis, including:
- Maintaining delivery schedules
- Issuing report status notification
- Documenting meeting notes
- Development of direct relationships with external clients front and middle office teams
- Manage internal relationships with Client Administration and other operational areas.
- Liaise with offshore attribution support teams.
- Maintenance of timetable for agreed client attribution deliverables.
- Ensure all reports delivered in accordance with the SLA.
- Production of adhoc analysis and response to client queries within terms of SLA.
- Specification and testing of system developments.
- Maintenance of procedure documentation
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience gained in investment management/quantitative/performance measurement house (1-2 years minimum)
- Client relationship management experience.
- Maths/Economics/Finance graduate or industry related examinations.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments and portfolio management.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income attribution methodologies.
- Analytical skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Knowledge of GIPS.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Strong PC Skills.
- Experience of Performance measurement and attribution systems.
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Flexible approach.
- Good team player.
- Time management skills.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management