Executive Recruitment Partner
The IPM Team provides the “voice of the client” within USSIM and this new role will support the oversight of the scheme arrangements as well as the ongoing design, delivery and governance of the DC investment product. The role will involve assisting with co-ordination across USSIM and USS to develop and govern the DB and DC investment products. This will include the steering of developments through the required executive and trustee approval process, as well as oversight of the investment management arrangements.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
- Working with the investment desks, Investment Product Management team and Investment Strategy & Advice team to understand developments and requirements across the USS business
- Work with the Head of Fiduciary Oversight to ensure mandates are implemented in the best interest of the Scheme and members
- Assist with the smooth running of the DC investment product, including oversight and monitoring.
- Support with the continued development of the DC investment product over time to become and maintain market leading status
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape within which USSIM and the scheme operates
- Working with the rest of the IPM team to ensure that the investment product benefits from the input of the wider USSIM and USS teams
- Provide value by working closely with the Head of Investment Product Management, Head of DC Investment Product and Head of Manager Selection & Oversight
- To work with a virtual team across investment operations, compliance, front office, Performance and Investment Risk (PAIR), Responsible Investment, legal, and Investment Strategy & Advice teams within USSIM to help to create, monitor and develop investment products across the scheme
- Self-starter in identifying new projects and opportunities.
- Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
- Attention to detail; particularly when reviewing documents
- Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
- High level of structure and organisation and the ability to work across teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written papers and oral presentations
- Strong compliance culture and high personal ethical standards
- Enhance and further develop USS’ cultural objectives
- Strong stakeholder focus and ability to understand the relationships between the Business and Stakeholders