Investment Risk Manager - Portfolio Solutions
The Group Risk function is headed by the Head of Group Risk, who reports directly to the CFO. The function works closely with the other governance functions (Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal) in order to identify risks and provide independent challenge and oversight. The Group Risk function consists of the specialist teams in the following areas:
• Investment Risk
• Enterprise Risk
• Credit Risk
Group Risk resources are based in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Group Investment Risk provide independent oversight and challenge on the appropriateness of the controls, the portfolio exposures and performance in the context of the mandates' objectives and the prevailing market and regulatory environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Leading the independent Investment Risk oversight for the Portfolio Solutions' business. Strategies run by the desk include risk premium / arbitrage (e.g. variance/correlation swaps), yield enhancement (e.g. covered call strategies), volatility target strategies, drawdown management strategies, and bond beta. Liability Driven Investments is another key solution offered by the Desk.
• Supporting the Investment Risk Manager for Multi-Asset and Portfolio Solutions to quantify, analyse and challenge the Investment Risks run within the Portfolio Solutions' business.
• Oversight of the first line, ensuring that risk controls and risk monitoring are fit for purpose and that issues identified are resolved / escalated in a timely manner.
• Developing risk frameworks and controls for new portfolios and enhancing these for existing portfolios.
• Providing MI reporting and recommendations to Head of Investment Risk, Asset Class Head, Asset Class Risk and Performance Committees and other committees / boards as appropriate.
• Ensuring risk exposures are stress tested in response to changing potential market scenarios.
• Performing ad hoc analysis and thematic reviews across portfolios and strategies to identify; emerging risks, sensitivity to forecast or potential market developments, exposure to particular market segments.
• Remain abreast of changes to the regulatory environment and any potential impact on portfolios.
• Graduate or relevant professional qualification
• Extensive experience with Liability Driven Investment (LDI)
• Experience and understanding of derivative strategies and their various implementations (e.g. volatility control, protection strategies, risk premia capture, yield enhancement etc.)
• Comfort with speaking up / providing challenge, whilst simultaneously managing internal relationships
• Clear, logical thinker with a keen attention to detail, able to break down a problem into bite-size components and plan the required steps of a project to arrive at a solution
• Strong communication skills; not only verbal, but also an ability to write papers in a clear coherent structure
• Proactive in taking ownership of risk initiatives and engaging with business partners across the company.