This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established asset manager as an Investment Risk Manager with a specialty in Private Markets and Real Assets, in a first line role. The Manager will play an important role in providing risk advice in both the origination and deal execution phase as well as the asset management phase of investments in both Private Markets and Real Assets. Investment categories include private equity, private debt, infrastructure, direct real estate.
- Develop a framework for risk identification, measurement and management of investments in Private Markets and Real Assets
- Provide risk advice to the investment teams and investment committees in the origination phase of investments in Private Markets and Real Assets.
- Contribute to the design of Risk Governance for Private Markets and Real Assets, as part of the wider Investment Risk Governance Framework
- Monitor the risk profile of investments in Private Markets and Real Assets during the asset management phase
- Provide risk advice on new strategies and investment guidelines in Private Markets and Real Assets
- Be a thought leader on financial risk management in Private Markets and build relationships with international peers
- Help tailor performance and risk reporting on Private Markets and Real Assets for a wide audience in cooperation with the Risk Analysts and BI specialist in the Investment Risk Management team
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Investment Managers, Operational Due Diligence team, and the wider Investment Risk Management team
- Excellent knowledge of private markets and real assets investments
- Demonstrated experience in private equity, private debt, property and / or infrastructure
- Experience working in an investment management or investment consultancy in front office or risk management role
- Understanding of project finance is seen as an advantage
- Strong understanding of valuation and risk drivers of private markets investments and financial models
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for investments and financial markets
- Capable of both bottom up investment analytics and top down strategic thinking
- Confident in building and maintaining strong relationships with investment teams for which you act as their first point of contact from the Investment Risk Management team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex work and translate it in a concise and strong message
- Organizational skills including project work
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- A master’s degree preferably in finance related subject
- A post graduate qualification, CFA and or CAIA.