Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Managing, leading and developing the Investment Services Team, whose focus is to provide essential day-to-day operational services to support portfolio management and distribution activities within agreed SLAs in order to meet regulatory and business requirements. These activities include various fee earning real estate and mortgage services
Manage, lead and develop the team responsible for delivering daily commercial Investment, Property & Mortgage administration services to clients. Maintain and measure team performance and output to agreed SLA levels & controls. Adapt and implement services as required as the scope of portfolio management and distribution expands i.e. new products and new clients.
Manage, lead and develop the team providing essential operational support and reporting for both asset management, distribution & investment governance. This will include dealing support, reporting investment, property & mortgage transactions to other departments & institutions, including Regulators, in an accurate and efficient manner, meeting SLAs.
Manage, lead and develop the work of a team responsible for completing high quality daily, weekly and monthly reports to internal and external clients, as required, within agreed SLAs. This will include maintaining the division’s investment records and sending data to external parties to support distribution channels.
Responsible for overseeing the data management activities within the division. This will include ensuring that static data within the investment systems is accurately maintained & controlled and liaising with internal & external data providers.
Act as operational liaison with key strategic 3rd party suppliers and outsourcers.
Lead key strategic initiatives to a successful conclusion in a timely manner.
Ensure the continuous development and improvement (CPI) of the team’s processes & procedures to ensure that high service levels are provided and due consideration is given to Risk and Treating
Customers Fairly. Ability to lead CPI reviews.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• The ability to manage, lead and develop a team
• The ability to implement & enhance operational support functions to meet growing and diverse business needs
• Good numerical skills, attention to detail and an appreciation of commercial and regulatory context within which operational data and analysis will be used
• The ability to effectively manage and deliver the operational requirements underpinning commercial initiatives and projects within agreed timelines co-ordinating with external business partners and internal resources
• Proficiency in relevant software applications, including Excel, Word, Icon, Bloomberg and Horizon
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A detailed knowledge of the financial services industry, the Regulatory environment impacting operations and the trade processing & settlement cycles
• IMC, equivalent professional qualifications (inlcuding accounting qualifications) or relevant degree is desirable
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences