Investment Strategist, Multi-Asset - Leading UK Pension Fund
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Mason Blake
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Investment Strategy team at one of the UK’s largest pension funds.
This role will play a pivotal role in translating the Scheme’s client needs into actionable investment strategy with responsibility for scheme design and top-down scheme strategy. As part of this role, the successful candidate will also liaise closely with internal investment teams to evaluate new strategies, research asset class strategy and provide ongoing support for macroeconomic and market research.
Key responsibilities include:
- Play an integral role in the Scheme’s strategic planning process which is an in-depth review of client requirements, client strategy, pooled fund range and scheme strategy.
- Lead research projects on key strategic investment issues between the Scheme strategic planning process.
- Contribute to key investment inputs such as expected returns and asset class or risk dashboards.
- Work closely with the Public Markets, Property and Private Markets teams to input high-quality strategic thinking into fund and portfolio investment decisions.
- Proactively ensure investment process and philosophy documents articulate how the Investment team adds value to clients and identify areas with vague or missing process.
- Demonstrate experience which is equivalent to, or have at least 5-8 years experience in an investment role within a strategic and high calibre working environment.
- Strong academic record and desire to always continue learning.
- Clear passion for multi-asset investing with a solid understanding of macroeconomics, risk and portfolio construction.
- Ability to think analytically, seeing problems from many angles, building from basics and testing ideas.
- Understanding of investment decisions in the context of an asset-liability framework.
- Self-motivated, humble, confident, proactive and a team player.
- Creative thinker with ability to generate ideas and stimulate discussions using both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Able to function independently, take ownership and deliver on key research initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, including being effective interacting with key stakeholders within the investment business.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.