Investment Writer - Fixed Income
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE:
The Investment Corporate Editorial Group represents a central function at T. Rowe Price and is responsible for the creation and production of high quality content to service T. Rowe Price's clients and support initiatives towards brand awareness. The Group has writers based in Baltimore and London.
An opportunity has arisen for a fixed-income investment writer to join the dynamic team of writers in the London office. Reporting to the Investment Corporate Editorial Manager, the individual will divide his/her time between writing content for branded client reports, RFPs (request for proposals) and DDQs (due diligence questionnaires) (70%) and marketing and prospecting collateral (up to 30%), To succeed, the writer must also be a team player to work in this highly collaborative environment and be willing to adapt to evolving business needs. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Client Reports:
Responsible for creating monthly, quarterly, as well as semi-annual and annual (when necessary) written content, providing significant insight into portfolio management decisions. Content will reinforce the client's investment decision to choose T. Rowe Price and carry investment management's voice to the client. Main outputs include high volumes of:
- Quarterly review reports in standard and customized branded formats
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and ad hoc reports and client letters in customised formats.
The position requires the following capabilities:
Core Investment Content in RFP database
- Close working relationships with portfolio analysts / portfolio specialists to stay abreast of market developments and portfolio changes in real time for assigned strategies and broad asset class.
- Understand portfolio performance attribution, positioning and strategic purchases and sales or actionable insight in client reports for assigned strategies.
- Deliver a high volume of reports under strict deadlines, balancing the need for speed and efficiency with quality analysis and crisp writing that enhances T. Rowe Price's brand.
- Creating or revising core content to reflect product launches or changes in existing strategies or competitive environment. Core content is used in sales and consultant relations documents.
- Serving as the asset class point person, working with RFP Editors and Portfolio Analyst to ensure that content is persuasive in promoting the benefits of T. Rowe Price.
- Marketing discipline in writing core content, using clear and succinct messaging to call out client benefits and competitive differentiation of T. Rowe Price.
- Ability to position T. Rowe Price based on in-depth knowledge of the asset class and awareness of current market and competitive environment.
Responsible for creating both asset class and strategy-specific prospecting and marketing collateral. Key outputs include:
- Branded Fund Profiles, Product Focus and Strategy Highlights
- Quarterly performance content
- Newsletters, feature articles, blogs, short brochures, web content, and placed articles.
The position requires the following capabilities:
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Strategy expertise to produce standard marketing collateral supporting marketing and sales.
- Investment marketing communications skills to clearly identify main messages, client benefits and T. Rowe Price competitive differentiation.
- Versatile writing skills to create content for range of formats, including marketing brochures, manager interviews, web content and placed articles.
- Experienced writer / editor
- Fixed Income knowledge
- Ability to write about complex concepts in an interesting and engaging style
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of financial markets, economics or finance
- Knowledge of proposal content and marketing communications best practices
- Ability to develop relationships across the firm
- Deadline-driven, multi-tasking skills
- Must be a team player as collaboration is an intrinsic part of the culture
- Experience in writing/editing for business, economics or institutional financial services
- Experience with marketing communications process
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.