Kenmare Resources plc is looking for an Investor Relations (IR) Executive to join its IR team on a one-year fixed term contract from 1 November 2020. The role would be best suited to a graduate with up to three years of experience in IR, public relations or another capital markets-related role. The role offers the opportunity to gain experience within an international, publicly listed company. The successful candidate will be supporting the Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager while another member of the team is on maternity leave.
Kenmare Resources is a mining company that produces titanium feedstocks, which are primarily used in the production of paper, paint and plastics. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext Dublin, Kenmare supplies 7% of the world’s titanium feedstocks from its Moma Titanium Minerals Mine in Mozambique. Kenmare employs approximately 1,400 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. The Company is proud of its low environmental impact, with 80% of its power requirement supplied from renewable sources, a progressive land rehabilitation programme and a well-established community investment programme. For more information about Kenmare, please visit kenmareresources.com or visit the Company’s profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
Kenmare’s IR team is based in London, UK. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the team is largely working from home, with one to three days per week in a satellite office in Woking, Surrey (less than 30 minutes by train from London Waterloo). The successful candidate will be required to join the team in the satellite office as appropriate, depending on current Government guidelines.
The IR team is responsible for managing the Company’s ‘message’ and ensuring it is communicated effectively to all of Kenmare’s stakeholders (including, but not limited to, investors and other members of the investment community, media, employees, members of the Moma Mine’s host communities and host country governments). Kenmare communicates its message through a variety of methods including one-on-one meetings/video calls, webcasts, press releases, presentations, its website and social media updates.
Reporting to the Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager, the IR Executive will be responsible primarily for supporting the creation of all corporate materials, assisting with the Company’s engagement with the investment community and the media, creating social media content and supporting the Corporate Development and IR Manager in any other required activities.
Based on the IR Executive’s performance during the fixed term contract and the needs of the business, there is potential for the role to be continued beyond the initial one year contract.
- Assisting with the creation of all corporate materials including announcements, presentations, the Annual Report, the inaugural sustainability report and the corporate website
- Supporting the Company’s engagement with the investment community, including liaising with brokers and organising meetings/calls, roadshows and conference schedules
- Assisting with the Company’s engagement with the media, including liaising with Kenmare’s PR advisor, organising management interviews, assisting in providing responses to press enquiries and assembling press cuttings compilations
- Supporting the Company’s relationship with sell-side analysts, including compiling consensus forecasts, organising meetings and assembling broker research compilations
- Researching best practice disclosure and applying it to Kenmare’s corporate materials, where possible
- Creating social media content and supporting the management of the Company’s social media accounts
- Supporting the Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager in any other required activities
Education and requisite skills
- University degree
- Up to three years of experience working in IR, public relations or another capital markets-related role
- Financial literacy & strong numerical skills
- Significant experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel). Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro) would also be an advantage
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, with fluency in English
- Strong literacy skills, in particular first-rate writing abilities necessary for producing corporate materials
- Drive, initiative and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously
- Creative and innovative approach, balanced with the ability to work within Kenmare’s existing brand guidelines
- Please submit a brief covering letter with your CV