Investor Relations Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Old Mutual Wealth
- 31 May 18 2018-05-31
We are looking for a highly focussed Investor Relations Manager. Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations, this is an amazing role to play your part in positioning our corporate messages, and in communicating our strategy and business model to shareholders, analysts and the wider investment community.
The Investor Relations manager will support all Investor Relations activities in order to deliver the Investor Relations strategy; with regular interface with analysts and external / internal stakeholders, will increase the awareness of the Old Mutual Wealth brand and opportunity and further develop the company’s reputation with stock market analysts and investors.
- Assist the Head of IR in the design and production of the annual report and ancillary documentation including writing the IR contribution and other sections as appropriate.
- Implementation of the Old Mutual Wealth Investor Relations Strategy
- Overseeing and co-ordinating local business unit communications activities which affect Old Mutual Wealth
- Building relationships and representing the company; being a point of contact for the buy and sell-side analyst community, dealing with enquiries and assisting with analysis.
- In conjunction with the Head of IR, work with internal Old Mutual Wealth contacts and external advisors to prepare results announcements and other investor communications including stock exchange announcements and Old Mutual Wealth presentations at investor and other events, ensuring this is reviewed and agreed by the Head of Investor Relations.
- In conjunction with the Head of IR, CEO, CFO, Initiate, plan, organise and attend capital markets events showcasing various aspects of Old Mutual Wealth's business.
- Monitoring and reviewing analysts’ research reports; maintaining a record of all analyst forecasts and ensuring the Head of IR and senior management are kept informed of market views and expectations.
- Planning, managing and preparing for senior management meetings with the investment community, the press, politicians and corporate affairs stakeholders. Attending meetings as part of Old Mutual Wealth's global investor, press and corporate affairs programme. Undertaking such meetings in conjunction with the senior management team or as Old Mutual Wealth's lead representative where appropriate.
- Maintenance and analysis of the share register; preparing regular reports identifying share ownership trends;
- In conjunction with the Head of IR implement the investor targeting strategy
- Continually developing the IR activity to ensure Old Mutual Wealth keeps up with best practice.
- Monitoring industry and peer group activity and communications; recommending action as appropriate.
- Ensure the Investor Relations timetable / financial reporting is maintained and effectively communicated across the business to ensure internal departments can effectively plan and deliver requirements from the department.
People & Leadership
- Embody leadership characteristics and Old Mutual Wealth Values to inspire and motivate both immediate team and people in the wider organisation
- Partner with the Head of Investor Relations to deliver the department objectives
- Contribute to cross-group co-operation and participation in value-adding initiatives with other parts of the wider Old Mutual Group
- Contribute to the development of a diverse workforcehttp
- To build and maintain mutually beneficial, trust based internal and external relationships with key stakeholders to ensure Investor Relations deliver their objectives.
- To act as a role model to encourage open and constructive relationships whilst mentoring others to build effective internal and external relationships.
- To resolve disagreements and operational problems that impact on the effectiveness of the team using appropriate methods to ensure fair outcomes for all parties.
- Utilise Technology where appropriate to free up time for value add activities
- To contribute to a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement in processes and business results.
- To encourage an environment where new ideas, creative solutions and innovation are valued in order to expand the scope in terms of investor reporting and proactive investor relations activities
- To work with other teams as appropriate to seamlessly integrate relative new activities or change initiatives.
- To ensure that all staff are trained and qualified and are aware of their role, responsibilities and obligations within the FSA rules and regulations.
- Ideally Qualified Accountant and or IMC Qualification, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance