Investor Services Administrator/Manager
Job Title: Investor Services Administrator (Manager position available, additional role requirements shown in bold. Suitability subject to candidate experience and qualifications)
Reporting to: Head of Transfer Agency
Yealand Administration Limited (Yealand) was formed in 2008, and provides bespoke quality Fund Administration services to its clients. At the heart of Yealand’s philosophy is service excellence and client focus. Yealand prides itself on building an exceptional team of staff with a strong work ethic.
The Investor Services Administrator/Manager (TA) maintains the shareholder registers for the funds administered by Yealand, acting as the first point of contact for all shareholders with a priority to high quality customer service. The key processes within the department are Shareholder Dealing, Registration, Settlements, Client Money and Distributions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high standard of customer service and communication to all investors, clients and third parties both internal and external.
- Accurately process and complete all work inline with procedures in a timely manner
- Ensure all deadlines, both regulatory and any SLA agreements, are met
- Adhere to internal controls, procedures and processes.
- Assist in maintaining documentation, including procedures and training manuals.
- Achieve and maintain a competent level of all processes
- (Managing the day-to-day operational activities of the Transfer Agency Team.
- Managing and developing the TA team, including conducting 1:1’s, appraisals, and supporting training and development plans.
- Responsible for reviewing outputs to ensure quality, accuracy, regulatory compliance, are presented professionally, and convey the appropriate message
- Manage and deliver ongoing monitoring and effective oversight of the team, actively overseeing deliverables including communications, reporting and management information to ensure these meet requirements, regulatory compliance
- Responsible for maintaining consistent delivery against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and work across functions in and outside of TA to address any trends timely and effectively. Actively monitor departmental KPIs and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and deliver management information.
- Accountable for the maintenance and review of department procedures and training manuals.
- Assist the team in ensuring issues/incidents are effectively managed, communicated and reported internally and thematic reviews are conducted where required.
- Continuous engagement in process improvement and efficiency, use of technology, and limiting manual processes.
- Assisting the Head of TA and deputising in their absence, maintaining professional engagement in all aspects of TA.
- The Investor Services Manager will become actively involved in a number of key initiatives to support the Head of TA, for example regulatory or business change programmes.
- Attend and actively participate as required in meetings, including project meetings, presentations and due diligence reviews.)
- Maintain technical and regulatory knowledge required.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding Yealand’s core business.
- Support the TA team, management and the wider company to achieve goals and objectives.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- (Continuous and consistent management skills)
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties (internally and externally)
- Proactive with excellent organisational skills in order to manage competing priorities
- Positive approach to achieving operational goals and objectives
- Adaptable and supportive of change
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail with strong numerical and analytical skills
- Flexible, personable, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Good at planning and time management
- Motivated by continuous learning and (committed to constant development of self and team)
- Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong customer service ethic, including understanding the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Adherence to relevant FCA regulations and company behaviours and standards (and ensuring direct reports also adhere)
Technical Skills and Qualifications Required
- Experience of working in a customer facing role (desirable) (Experience of managing a team within financial services)
- Understanding of investments, fund and products within the Financial Service industry
- Industry qualifications e.g. CISI Investment Operations Certificate or relevant financial qualification, or to be working towards completion of these qualifications. (IOC essential)
- (Proven track record and ability to develop staff)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the on-going needs of the company.
We offer equal opportunities to all our employees. Our policies and procedures take this into account. All employees must share the responsibility of ensuring equal opportunities by not discriminating on the grounds of sex, gender, marital status, disability, creed, colour, race, ethnic or national origins, class or age. We seek talented people who share our values and commitment.
Dignity at work
All employees are treated with dignity and respect. We provide a working environment that respects the rights of each individual employed.