Sick of boilerplate code? Or recrating the same wheels on every project?
Would you like to help other developers focus on VALUE rather than infrastructure, integration, or deployments?
- a smart Java or Scala developer with a need to change and automate how software is built
- you don't care what tools/libraries/technologies you'll be using (they change too fast to get attached).
- you are agnostic of which cloud platform to use and have the skills and experience, maybe certifications to be able to deliver on any.
What we want:
- great communicators who have an opinion
- between 4-10 years experience
- degree in IT, Engineering or Computer Science, or maybe something comparable where you've learnt to use technology to change your world
- unashamed learners that need to understand how things work so they can, automate, simplify and standardise how they use them.
- An interest in the world of finance which includes money, commodities, energy and many of the things we use every day.
What we'd love:
- exposure to Domain Driven Design and Test Driven Development
- exposure to any automation tooling:
- SDLC (E.g.: Jira, Trello, Git, Wiki, ...)
- CI/CD (E.g.: Arturo, Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, Argos CD, ...)
- Infra as Code (E.g.: Bamboo Specs, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, ...)
- Cluster Tooling (E.g.: K8s, Spark, Ignite, ...)
- exposure to any public cloud environment.
Working in Technology at Macquarie, you'll be part of a high performing team and sit side-by-side with business stakeholders. Our flat structure means that you'll directly contribute to our strategy, while taking ownership of a diverse range of projects utilising the latest technologies.
If you're excited by the opportunity to drive DevOps excellence at the cutting edge, please apply now. About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.