Join a collaborative and dynamic environment with no red tape or rigid structure. With offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and assets under management of over $7bn, this diverse fund is looking for a Java developer to expand its London team.
Currently a friendly team of ~13 developers, this is a superb opportunity for someone interested in buy-side finance to learn about all aspects of how a hedge fund operates, with a specific focus on the Risk function. The Risk team will be your principal customers and you'll sit right in amongst them.
The successful candidate will be happy developing and supporting all levels of the tech stack, including front-ends, middleware, servers and databases. They are constantly developing new tools and are looking for people who are confident to suggest new technologies / methodologies where appropriate, bringing experience and new ideas to the work. Requirements
Culture / Benefits
- 4+ years' commercial core Java experience
- Intermediate SQL/RDBMS experience
- Exposure to the full SDLC (gathering requirements, designing, developing, testing, deploying, supporting, monitoring)
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Maths or similar
- Excellent team-working skills - they're a small team so working closely together is vital
- Knowledge of Risk Metric / Risk Systems would be highly beneficial
- Recently renovated, amazing open-plan office with roof terrace overlooking Green Park
- Hugely collaborative across all teams; no red tape or endless meetings
- Competitive compensation: flat structure, feel valued for your input and be rewarded for great ideas
Up to £130k (base) + lucrative hedge fund bonuses (100%+) Contact
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Josh Williamson
+44 (0) 20 3475 5021