- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IG Group
- 20 May 19
Join a highly-skilled high-performance real-time development team at the heart of IG's future product line in the MTF Operator team.
Accelerate your career with a world leader in financial trading and investments
The MTF Operator team is building a brand-new trading venue for IG's upcoming MTF Turbo products. This ia a great opportunity for an engaged and passionate Java developer to learn re-usable skills in the world of realtime on-exchange trading. You will be exposed to the full life cycle of an on-exchange (DMA) instrument, from issuance to continuous trading on an order book, post-trade settlement, transaction reporting, and expiry.
Who we are
Founded in 1974, we invented the concept of financial spread betting. Today, we're the world's No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with offices in 14 countries and over 195,000 clients worldwide.
Recognised as one of Britain's top employers, it's no surprise that this success has come from empowering our people to be brave, innovative and inspiring. Join us, and you'll find the perfect place to showcase your talents and passion. Your achievements will be recognised, and you'll have the support of a collaborative global team.
Where you'll work
As part of a connected global team, you'll come to work in a friendly and dynamic environment. Our comfortable, cutting-edge offices contain everything you need to succeed:
• Agile workspaces and hot desks
• Private quiet rooms
• Breakout and refreshment areas
You will work in our Cannon Street office, and you will primarily liaise with other London-based development teams, along with some liaison with teams in Krakow and Bangalore.
How you'll progress
Your development is as important to us as it is to you. You'll be rewarded for hard work here, with support to get better at what you do.
We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant. If you're up for the challenge, you'll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills quickly through exposure to the executive team and new experiences.
You will be joining the Exchange Technology group, which offers great opportunities for career development. We offer progression within this role from Developer, to Senior Developer, then to Technical Specialist or Technical Team Lead. We have a supportive, constructive and collaborative environment that rewards people with curiosity, initiative and drive.
What you'll get
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events, get funding for your charitable endeavours and join a range of special interest groups, you'll receive an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
• Performance-related bonuses
• Pension, insurance and medical plans
• Career-focused technical and leadership training
• Contribution to gym memberships and more
What you'll do
• Java Software Development within IG's brand-new MTF trading venue. This is a server-side role in a green-fields high-throughput low-latency trading system.
• Secondary support of systems.
• Use of standard Agile development lifecycle (Analysis, Design, Unit Testing, and Release of code).
• Front-office liaison with IG's internal traders, developers, project management and risk/compliance personnel.
• (Senior Developer) Taking ownership of technical sub-projects, from requirements gathering through to successful operation in Production.
• (Senior Developer) Technically mentoring other members of the development team.
Who you'll be
• Minimum 4 years Java development experience (minimum 8 years for Senior Developer).
• Strong Multi-threading / concurrent programming. Excellent attention to detail.
• Friendly manner, and excellent communication skills. Ability to form strong working relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Experience of large, complex software systems, especially distributed systems requiring high throughput.
• Some finance knowledge/experience, especially electronic trading, FIX protocol.
• Spring framework
• JMS, Kafka, IBM LLM, Docker
• Experience with CQRS and Event Sourcing systems
• Good understanding of SOLID Principles
Essential : Degree level education (numerate) 2.1 or higher.
Essential : Flexible, self-starting, enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to help colleagues; articulate communication skills; delivery conscious and flexible to changing priorities and requirements; quick learner who can find patterns in complexity. Responsible and motivated. A desire to understand the business.
Desirable: Able to work outside own comfort zone to advance own skills and departmental/company competencies.
We're looking for tenacious, curious, eager and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. People who embody our three core values - who want to champion the client, lead the way and love what we do.
We recruit based on excellence, and believe that diversity is vital to success. We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or any other behaviour that stifles innovation and collaboration.
Number of openings