We are looking for a talented Java developer with solid experience to join our team and build out the next generation of our platform. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, and you will get a chance to use the latest technologies like Solace, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes to deliver highly scalable and robust systems, responsible for meeting Macquarie Group's needs today and well into the future.
You will be working with a group of multi-talented and diverse teams across multi-geographical locations in a fast-paced, challenging environment. To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated individual, possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders, exceptional problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity. You should have a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself.
Desirable Key Skills:
- Solid knowledge of Java and up to date with the latest Java version: 8 and beyond.
- Exposure to other JVM language including Scala/ Groovy is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of any of the technologies like Solace, MarkLogic, Apache Spark, Akka, Docker/ Kubernetes would be highly desirable as is any cloud native solutions.
- Sound knowledge of Spring family of technologies like Spring Boot or similar Java EE technologies.
- Basic understanding of Linux with experience in shell scripting.
- Domain knowledge in trading environments or related financial industry experience will be looked upon favourably so that you can understand the context and reasons for reports and analysis
- Work closely with different stakeholders across front office and support functions
If this sounds like you then you should get in touch! Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.