See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced Java developer to help advance its market-leading options & futures algorithmic trading engine. The role involves building, deploying & supporting trading strategies, analytical tools, scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team. This role will work on Morgan Stanley’s equity Algo trading plant building, deploying & supporting trading strategies, analytical tools, scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team. Top-notch core Java development skills and a track record building resilient, scalable message-driven systems is a must-have. This is an agile, front-office role facing off with the business and as such strong communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential. Candidate must have electronic trading knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX acceptable. Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (market maker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable. Knowledge of KDB or client side Java development would be nice to have.
Qualifications: Required Skills:
- You will be using core Java development to build and enhance algorithmic trading systems
- The role involves working directly with the global trading, quant and IT teams to advance the platform and the businesses it serves.
- The project portfolio is varied, spanning automation of existing and new workflows, improvements to system performance and capacity, new and existing algorithmic logic development and the generation and analysis of trading signals & data
- You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from discussing and agreeing requirements, formulating designs developing and deploying the changes
- The systems you will work on are high volume, low latency, resilient, scalable and message-driven based on cutting edge Java and utilising the latest hardware.
- Strong Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience of working on and developing high volume, resilient, message-driven systems
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Developing system for automated market making and/or algo trading in high volume markets: equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.
- Low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
- Electronic trading & market knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX. Option pricing and trading would be an advantage.
- Experience of Risk systems
- Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (market maker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable.
- Track record working in a front-office environment, working directly with trading and quantitative strategists to formulate requirements and solutions and delivering them promptly and safely to production.
- Knowledge of KDB or other time series data analysis systems
- C# WPF GUI and/or Java Swing GUI development
- OS level debugging/performance tuning
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.