Java Developer – CVA Technology Team – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Java Developer – CVA Technology Team – Vice President (3104813)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA) Technology team is responsible for developing Risk Management systems for the global CVA Trading Desk, also benefiting the firm's Credit Risk, Market Risk, Valuation Risk and Corporate Treasury departments.
The London CVA Technology team is looking for a Java developer to work close to the CVA business and technology teams. The position involves development and support of global front-office counterparty risk management system, CVA Trader, the primary tool for CVA trading desk to manage and hedge CVA (counterparty valuation adjustment), FVA and other VA types.
• The candidate will lead a London centric global team through various stages of the software development process including activities like analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies, as well as provide innovative solutions and support to the London CVA business clients.
• The core responsibility will be leading the team in the development of components and solutions within a complex, batch and interactive system developed by the team, using Java and C++ on Linux, Green Plum and DB2 databases, Platform Symphony grid systems along with several in-house frameworks and technology build-ups, some of them developed and maintained by the team.
• A key aspect of the role relates to the ability to efficiently communicate with and generally support the daily and long term goals of the firm’s London CVA business unit. As such, prior experience in this target area is highly desired
We are seeking a senior software developer to join our London team as a hands-on regional manager, building solutions and providing services and support for our business clients, particularly the London CVA Trading Desk. The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong Java skills, experience in large scale real-time concurrent systems, deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Financial systems knowledge and experience in the CVA area in particular and IR Rates and Credit areas in general
• Experience managing teams of software developers and providing solutions and support to financial front office teams
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 21/03/2018.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.