Java Developer - Agile
- GBP100000.00 - GBP120000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- iKas International Ltd
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Investment bank looking for a strong core Java developer who has experience with related technologies using modern agile development practices such as TDD, acceptance testing and pair programming.
Core Java - Java - Agile - TDD - Test Driven Development - GIT - TeamCity - server side - back end - backend
Investment bank is looking for a core java developer with a passion for agile practices to help transform the business' legacy platform to help them make the business easier, safer and cheaper to maintain. The role requires a strong understanding of Java, related technologies and experience using modern agile development practices such as TDD, acceptance testing and pair programming. You must be able to demonstrate an ability to direct the technical architecture of the system and make strategic decisions to guide the technology choice and development approach.
- Taking a strong role in the technical software
- Applying your experience and expertise to incrementally transform the design of the application to make it flexible and robust
- Helping to transform the existing platform, writing tests (unit and higher-level) before changing the behaviour of existing code and refactoring to make code more testable.
- Using and selecting appropriate frameworks and libraries to meet requirements
- Strong understanding of all software development lifecycle phases
- Coordination of system integration testing including testing strategy and integration environment requirements and configuration
Skills & Qualifications:
- A proven track record of designing software and taking a driving role in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- Significant industrial experience of server side development using Core Java and related technologies
- Interest in modern front end web app technology such as React
- Practical experience with establishing and working with agile development methodologies and practices
- Good knowledge of tools to facilitate agile delivery such as Git, TeamCity and build tools
- Development experience in both Windows and Unix environments
Your International Talent Provider
iKas International Limited is providing recruitment services for this role. By clicking 'APPLY NOW', you confirm that you understand that any personal data you submit through your application will be used to provide you with our recruitment services. For further detail on how iKas International Limited process your data, please read the iKas Privacy Statement.