Java Developer - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
We have an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded, Java Developer to join our Global Confirmations & Statements team in London.
The Global Confirmations & Statements team is a diverse team of motivated technologists with experience in building scalable distributed systems. Applications in our group are distributed globally and range from high-throughput low-complexity to low-throughput high-complexity workflows. Current members of the team are skilled in Java, Relational databases, Perl, Linux; teams fulfil their work using Agile development methodologies.
The role is for an application developer within the locally based core development team, creating, improving and maintaining the firm’s strategic global Confirmations systems. These systems support all products across multiple business lines, fulfilling global regulatory requirements and driving client business. They are business critical applications where performance, accuracy and resiliency are of high importance.
Key to the role is the ability to understand complex business problems, evaluate, recommend and deliver technical solutions to both business and systematic issues. He or she will be expected to interface with the Global Confirmations & Statements development team, other development and Enterprise Infrastructure teams, as well as Operations Line and Projects teams. Development opportunities will include both technology and business based requirements. Changes may also involve directly speaking with external vendors or clients.
- Your role will involve understanding complex business problems, evaluate, recommend and deliver technical solutions to both business and systematic issues.
- You will be expected to interface with the Global Confirmations & Statements development team, other development and Enterprise Infrastructure teams, as well as Operations Line and Projects teams.
- You will be responsible for the implementation and design of components, and their ownership.
- Your role will involve participation in Design and Code reviews.
- You will be required to help support production systems
- You should promote knowledge sharing with our global team.
- Passion and technical background in server-side Java development.
- Agile development methodologies
- Relational databases (preferably DB2 or Sybase).
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux.
- Competent in Spring & JUnit.
- Test Driven Development.
- Practical usage of Design Patterns, XML, SOAP, XSD.
- Working knowledge of messaging, pub/sub communications.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1