Our client, a major international Investment Bank, is looking to build a team of Java experts, across 2 main business lines: Prime Finance & Cash Equities. The consultants will operate in agile environment, where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. They will work in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of Equities technology landscape (order management and execution systems, back office, reference data, etc).
The role covers all aspects of development lifecycle from requirements analysis and solution design to successful implementation and support of delivered product.
It will involve the following major areas:
- Implementing new functionality in Global Middle office/Trade Capture platforms according to business requirements
- Implementing adapters to back office systems
- Working closely with core teams and occasionally contributing to the development of shared framework and other platform-level tools and re-usable components
- Participate in back-end components development/re-engineering/support
- Provide effective technical solutions
- Perform code reviews, ensure code/design quality
- Automated tests development
- Effective communication with stakeholders
- Accurate tasks progress and time reporting
- Release instruction and production rollout review and support
- Code/functionality documentation
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years experience of professional development on Java
- Scala and Python an advantage.
- Akka platform for developing microservices an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of core Java (collections, multithreading, memory consumption, GC)
- Experience in working with Apache Spark data processing systems
- Experience with high volume data processing systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding algorithm complexity
What would be a plus:
- Hands-on experience with cloud deployed messaging platforms (Kafka, Reactive)
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Agile/XP development experience including test driven development