Java Developer - Canary Wharf
- Competitive VP level
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Radley James
- 19 Sep 18
My Client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank based in Canary Wharf is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join one of their top performing teams.
We are looking for:
- An expert Java practitioner to contribute to the growth of the global FX automated trading business
- We'll look to you to deliver features and products to improve the richness and quality of the algorithmic and automated order trading platforms Agile and OMS
- You'll support growth in algo volumes, new types of algos, and the automation of existing manual order flows
- Recognised an outstanding technologist, you'll continuously strive to improve engineering, bringing new ideas to the table and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- This role is available at vice president level, and flexible working options are available
What you'll do
Your primary responsibility will be the design and development of algorithmic trading and OMS technology platforms, working closely with our traders to gauge requirements and optimise results. You'll provide third line production support which on occasion may require call outs. You'll be responsible for the delivery of new features, bug-fixes and architectural changes. Along with your team of 10 specialists, you'll collaborate with quants, front office sales and trading, and other technology teams.
As well as this, you'll:
- Undertake business requirement gathering and analysis
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Comply with all codes and policies, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations
- Proactively identify and effective manage any potential risk to deliver key customer outcomes
The skills you'll need
As this is a development role in which you'll be building from the ground up, you'll need extensive core Java programming expertise. This will ideally include knowledge of multi-threading, garbage collection, UNIX, SQL, Git, FIX protocol, messaging buses and open source libraries.
You'll be working alongside our traders as well as your team, so you'll need strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
We're also looking for:
- The ability to diagnose and resolve Real Time production problems
- Knowledge of financial markets, secondary trading, and FX (ideally)
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to gather, manage, implement and test requirements
How you'll be rewarded
In return, my client will offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, you'll be provided with a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.