Java Developer - Credit
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in the UK and internationally. To do this, we have been relying on technology and the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and a taste for entrepreneurship. Present on five continents, with more than 3,500 employees, our objective is to exceed the billion-pound turnover by 2024.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh, Leeds.
Talan UK is expanding its team we are looking for a Java Developer Job Description
This is a technical role within the Risk & Finance IT Technology team, supporting and maintaining existing Risk & Finance IT owned systems, integration feeds and file transfers, as well as new development.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated proactive individual who will be expected to work in a dynamic changing environment
In this position, you will be part of the project as a developer, to liaise with Project teams, work on development tasks and assist with the setup of the end-to-end credit rating capability. In this role you will also support the CRS, Spreadpac and other Credit Risk applications.
This opportunity offers an excellent overview of both the technical and business aspect of the bank. Key Responsabilities
- Support the Bank's integration feeds and managed file transfer processes.
- Support and develop in-house built credit risk reporting and rating systems developed on Java, Spring and Python
- Develop and maintain in house built applications on Java
- Development of new feeds and managed file transfer configurations between the Bank's systems as well as enhancements to existing deployments.
- Identify & communicate issues / risks to manager.
- Working closely with Credit Methodology & Business to ensure requirements and priorities are clearly understood.
- Ensuring project issues and conflicts are identified, raised and resolved.
- Identifying and designing credit process changes and data flows to support credit system development.
- Strong development background on Java 8 and JSP required
- Experience building applications with Spring
- Experience in Python 2.7+
- Experience of relational database development using SQL and JDBC
- Good understanding of the system development life cycle, including change and configuration management.