Java Developer - Credit Trading & Risk Systems - Associate / VP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
The Fixed Income Division (FID) Credit team is focused on delivering the technology that allows Morgan Stanley to continue to grow its highly successful corporate credit trading business a key growth area for the Firm. Latest initiatives in this space include continued electronification and automation of the flow businesses, as well as enhancing and renovating our suite of internally built trading systems. This will allow the firm to take advantage of market opportunities and drive revenue.
We require strong Java developers to work within a global team on our new and on-going projects. You will be working on the servers of highly distributed, low latency trading platforms based on C# front ends and Java/Scala back ends. The systems book trades, continuously calculate prices and associated metrics, allow historical time-series analysis and connect directly with several electronic markets. The C# clients control all aspects of the system from algorithmic trading configuration to electronic feeds and require clear, intuitive design. Likewise, the systems have high update rates and require very powerful and optimised UIs and servers to cope with these demands.
The server is built in Java and Scala, and relies on modern technologies and approaches such as reactive programming, cloud computing, micro services and distributed caching. In addition to new features and enhancements, we are looking to continue to renovate, improve and selectively rewrite parts of the existing system.
- Your role will involve all aspects of the software development life cycle including gathering requirements, analysis of existing systems/functionality, design and implementation, all the way through to production roll out and subsequent support.
- You should be a practical technologists, who can show excellent problem solving skills and enjoys all aspects of software development.
- You will work closely with several global teams within the technology department as well as interacting directly with the Corporate Credit business unit to translate business needs in to technical projects.
- Strong core Java
- Data structures, design patterns and collections
- Multi-threaded programming
- Self-driven problem solver with a great attention to detail.
- Java 8, Google Collections, performance and tuning.
- Core C#
- Experience of working on large systems and code bases delivering on agile development schedules.
- Fixed Income business / analytical knowledge
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1