Java Developer - IRD Trading and Risk Systems – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley's Interest Rates Derivatives Business is continuing a programme to build on the strategic global processing platform for vanilla and exotic OTC interest rate derivatives and structured notes, in order to support the continued expansion in product range and volume. This encompasses pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle, affirmation, confirmation, risk and PnL attribution, collateral management and settlement. You will be part of the Interest Rate Derivatives trading systems (IRD) team.
This is a front-office development team with 80+ members spread over three continents, including 20+ in London
- Strong Java developer with experience in complex problem domain.
- Good problem solving skills and strong knowledge of complex software development concepts
- Although the role is predominantly Java, we require someone who is flexible with the development environment, as you may need to pick up Scala, which is our choice for new graph based risk engine
- This role requires someone who is flexible and able to respond to a dynamic business environment. You will be adaptable to work across multiple technologies and disciplines, with a focus on delivering quality solutions for the business in a timely fashion.
- Strong knowledge of Core Java, with emphasis on Messaging protocols
- Computer science fundamentals (client/server, multi-threading, memory management, functional programming)
- Good understanding of Data Structures and Design Patterns
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills in English
- A keenness to learn the business supported by the applications
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1