You will be part of a talented software team that works on critical Risk business applications. The Senior Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Identify and analyse job requirements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline
- BSc degree in Computer/Software Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java 8+
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Beneficial to have working knowledge of NoSql Databases
- Proven industry experience in the Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Data. Nice to have Spring Cloud
- Cloud experience nice to have
- Proven industry experience in working and developing distributed systems / HPC / Big Data
- Proven industry experience in building Microservices
- Experience with test-driven development
- Beneficial to have proven experience with devops tools e.g (Jenkins, Puppet, Teraform, Ansible, or Chef).and any network, server, and application-status, infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Insight of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Possess a problem-solving attitude.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.