FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Java Developer - eTrading - Tier 1 Bank
Tier 1 Bank in Canary Wharf are in need of a Java Developer to join their eTrading Equities team and they are paying up to £80,000 per year with a big list of benefits and bonuses on top.
Java Developer - eTrading - Low Latency - Tier 1 Bank - Canary Wharf - £80,000 per year
This role is for a Java developer for the application development within the low latency development team, working in a small, regionally distributed development team providing technical and business driven solutions.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation and third line support. The focus of this role will be on the build-out and integration of new client and exchange connections supporting the Quantitative Prime Services business. This is a very varied role requiring a range of skills in addition to core java development.
- Core java development of new features, enhancements and bug fixes to both the established client connectivity application and to the re-architected bedrock client connectivity application.
- Analysis of business and technology driven change requests and the creation of proposals for issue resolution.
- Analysis, design and development of features of the low latency applications supporting the QPS business.
- Development or enhancement of tools, processes and procedures used by the team.
- Occasional second line support of the non-prod client connectivity application.
- Occasional third line support of the client connectivity production system.
- Core Java on LINUX (or other relevant experience with an aptitude to cross-train)
- LINUX usage for development and operation
- Bash scripting
- Some exposure to electronic trading and financial markets
- Experience of git, svn, maven and team city
- Unit testing and mocking, particularly Junit and Jmockit
- Agile development techniques
- Firm grasp of middleware, network design and protocols
- Ability to work within a large enterprise cooperatively, to deliver to a specific business desire while enhancing the corporate environment as a whole
- FIX protocol
- Perl or python programming
- GBP65000 - GBP80000 per annum + big list of benefits + bonuses
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick