Java Developer (15081)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Java Developer (15081)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Qualifications and experience:
Extensive software development experience in a full stack, object oriented development environment with a strong academic background
To work with Technical Project Leads, Business Analysts and other Programmers to:
- Design applications and data models
- Code, conduct code and design reviews and test applications.
- Document the design and technical specification of systems
- Provide production support to the applications.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of developers, QA, DBAs, System and Network engineers, Cloud engineers; spread across Bangalore, London, New York and Chicago offices, in the process of software development.
- Work with other Team members and users to understand business and, where necessary, offer ideas to improve
- Identify methods, approaches and technologies that may improve our software development processes.
Essential Technical Skills
- REST/SOAP web services
- Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Spring Boot
- PL/SQL, Oracle 12 OR PostgreSQL
- Deployment technologies (Bamboo, Ant, Maven)
- Source control technologies (GIT/BitBucket)
- AWS Cloud Computing (Compute, Storage, Database, Deployment and Application Services)
Desirable Technical Skills
- UI Frameworks (Angular JS or React JS or View JS)
- Business Process Workflow tools
- Mongo Database
- Container Deployment tools
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Jira and Confluence
- Agile methodologies
- Experience of working in Financial Services industry.
At Fitch Ratings, we are looking to train our teams in new technologies like Machine Learning, R, and Python with aggressive adoption of Cloud services and Devops technologies. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic individuals, who are keen to learn and grow.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp