Java Developer (Fixed Income) - Technology - Assistant / Vice President
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company. Role
The position is for an Application Developer who will be part of Fixed Income Technology Team directly supporting the Front Office of a leading Financial Services firm. The work assignments will include playing a key developer role in major project related work and responsibility for small projects and specific support tasks. Projects will include custom development, implementation and integration of vendor products, and enhancement/support of existing systems.
We are a results focused group looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented person with strong communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, a good work ethic, and an interest in being part of a team environment supporting a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are:
- Develop new software as required by the business
- To maintain and enhance existing codebase
- To provide 2nd level support
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Ability to work well with both business managers, traders and developers
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and Excellent problem solving skills
- Exposure to Automated Testing Frameworks for Java and Web Applications (Mandatory)
- Exposure to Streaming and RESTful Web Applications
- Exposure to a real-time infrastructure (Any of Tibco, RMDS, MarketView, etc) would be an advantage
- Databases: Sybase, Oracle, H2, SQL Server, KDB
- Tools: SVN, Git, Team City, Maven
- Exposure to AWS, GCP, Azure will be an advantage
- Previous experience working for a Financial Services firm.
- Previous experience working in the Front Office.
- Fixed Income Credit & Rates Bond / Repo trading system experience